Barn Owls Now Has TWO Flying Sites!
Please note: Both sites require a Barns Owls club membership which is $25.00 per season, which covers flying at both sites. For liability issues, you also need to be a current member of the AMA. Junior members (12 years and under, with an accompanying adult and proof of AMA) are free. Please ensure that a parent or legal guardian is present for minors for the duration of the session as we cannot take responsibility for minors.
Exact change is greatly appreciated. Our sites are:
Magnuson Park – Seattle, WA
Our Seattle venue is the admin bldg, also known as Hangar 30. Generally our flying nights are every other Wednesday, 6:30 to 9:30 in October to April (see the Magnuson Session Schedule). The cost is $20 for a three hour flying session (Barn Owls and AMA membership is also required for the season). There are a/c outlets for charging and related support equipment. We have access to rest-rooms for use during our sessions. There are no tables or chairs available, so bring your own if you like. Parking is available on the south side of the bldg (front entrance) and there is additional (limited) parking on the north side.
Hangar 30 (admin bldg) is located in Sand Point Magnuson Park – 6310 NE 74th ST., Seattle, WA 98115
click HERE for a google-map…
Totem Jr. High School – Marysville, WA
Flying on Monday nights 6:30pm to 9:30pm in April to June (see the Marysville Session Schedule). The costs is $8.00 for a three hours flying session (Barn Owls and AMA membership is also required for the season).
- No planes heavier than 8 oz.
- We will have two alternating 10 minute flying windows for different size airplanes.
- One 10 minute window will be for airplanes like Vapors, Ember II, Spacewalker, Champ and Sport Cub or homemade planes the same size.
- The next window will be for 3d foam planes and planes from 4.0 oz. to 8.0 oz.
- 6:30 to 7:00 pm – Set up and pilots meeting- No flying
- 7:00 to 9:15 pm – Alternating flying windows for small and larger aircraft
- 9:15 to 9:30 pm – Clean up
Marysville Site Flying Rules
- Indoor aircraft will be powered by electric motors.
- Any battery that is charged by using schools A/C outlet must be charged in a fireproof bag or container.
- All children must be supervised by an adult.
- Absolutely no climbing or running on bleachers.
- Normal flight rotation is counter clockwise.
- No food or drinks in the Gym, water is OK.
All pilots must be signed in and be a Barn Owls member with an AMA license. (Our insurance requires this.)
Any accident or injury, no matter how slight, must be reported to the person in charge of the indoor flying. All Marysville School District rules will be followed during are flying hours.
Totem Jr. High School 1605 7th St. Marysville, WA. 98270 in the gym